Monday, January 18, 2010

Wedding on the beach IV



A necklace made by free form peyote stitch combined with free form bead embroidery.

Beading is a very calming process for me. After a day of painting, running errands, and taking care of my family, beading comes last, usually after dinner. I go back to the studio, to my beading table, turn on the npr radio and next few hours I'm in a different world of tiny beads. I don't like to plan my designs. I have a main idea about the beads or the shape that I want to use, but than I let the beads talk for themselves and take me in the direction that comes naturally, spontaneous. I don't like patterns, therefore free form peyote stitch is a perfect technique for my needs, although it has its own limitations too. I also like that feeling of experimenting and not knowing how the final design will look till the end.

1 comment:

  1. A beach wedding is unforgettably magical.
    Mine was themed Weddings Koh Samui
    and it truly meaningful and oh tears tears...
    The beach setting is almost guaranteed to leave you starry-eyed.

    ReplyDelete