Sunday, June 20, 2010

Morning beauty II and III






Most of my designs are monochromatic, my jewelry designs as well as some of my artwork. I even like to dress monochromatic, and that has been following me since my teenage years if not even earlier.
I guess my brain is just wired that way.
Working that way with my jewelry designs also allows me to focus more on textures and shapes rather than colors.
These two fiber collage necklaces are results of my vast fabric collection. Some of the fabrics are from the 50s and 60s.
I can never escape from involving some beads in it, and of course little sections of the necklace done with free form peyote stitch.
I love the romantic and feminine look achieved.
The name Morning beauty is a memento to my grandmother's flower garden, and all those sunny mornings when I would visit the beautiful flowers  beaming in the morning sun.

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous....Love them both!

    ReplyDelete