Acrylic painted burlap with hand stitched yarn and wood beads
48"H x 34"W
It has been a while since my last post.
Holidays and visits from relatives took me away from the studio. But I'm back. For the last few weeks I was working on my art jewelry mostly, but I painted a few new pieces too.
This one was actually on the back burner for quite a while, since I had a few different ideas about it. In the beginning it looked quite different, more like my other flower fields. I experimented with fabric, yarn and grass stalks on the bottom, but it just didn't click. Consequently, I removed almost all of it, leaving only some yarn sticking out, and at the top wood beads sewn through the burlap. I ended up pouring some thin streaks of acrylic paint over the surface, and than painting new layers of acrylic over it.