Saturday, February 5, 2011

More untitled artwork

Here are two new pieces in my new abstract series. At the same time I'm working on a new floral series, and it's really interesting to work on two different themes.  I'm preparing for a group exhibit in two weeks, and it is inspiring me to do new work.
I'm embracing my new passion, painting on wood panels, and leaving stretched burlap for larger floral mixed media pieces. I have a constant need for experimenting and trying new things. Maybe it's in my Dragon nature, but challenges really bring a smile on my face.  






7 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful. My eyes keep dancing around, taking in all the interesting shapes and colors. I have the same need for trying and experimenting with new things. Sometimes I can't decide if that's good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mirjana. Lovely paintings! If two of my favourite artists, Kandinsky and Joan Miro, had ever got together to create a joint artwork, I think it would have looked something like these. Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mirjana. Very beautiful paintings. Kandinsky, Miro and Paul Klee are one of my favorite artists. I like the direction you are taking. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for such a wonderful comments!
    I wanted to wonder into to the abstract land for quite some time, and finally decided to do it. Your comments feed my determination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ~ I love these! The composition, playful lines, subtle use of striking color ~ nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rosemari! I appreciate you nice comment.

    ReplyDelete