Thursday, July 7, 2011

Art cards

How many times do you get an idea, and then if you don't do it right away or write it down in a while it's gone, lost in a sea of unrealized ideas forever?
I was painting yesterday, listening to the radio, and got this idea for a series of art cards.
I had to stop painting, wash my brushes and create them. It is always sad to me how many postal stamps get discarded and not recycled or reused in any way. I've been collecting them since I was a  small girl and the idea of having them just in albums is not appealing to me.
I think these cards turned out quite nice. They're listed in my Etsy shop.






3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty Mirjana, they will look gorgeous framed and in someone's home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes we should stop what we are doing and run with what just showed up. A great idea can be lost just as fast as it was thought, it's just a vapor and it's gone! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys!
    Troy, I know that one very well about loosing many ideas quite fast by not writting them down. I have to get in habit to carry around a notebook and record them as they come.

    ReplyDelete