Saturday, July 2, 2011

Purple rain

It has been raining a lot this summer in Orlando, just as it should be. It's a rainy season after all, but after a few years of having dryer summers we got slightly unaccustomed to the daily downpours.
Our new grass is happy. This weekend is exactly four weeks since we installed our new sod, and it's growing like crazy. Today we'll mow it  for the first time.

I woke up this morning with a happy memory of a summer long ago when I was twenty years old, and the movie Purple Rain played in theaters. It is hard not to go back memory lane while listening to that song.

I created quite a few pieces of jewelry in purple shades, and I think they are quite summer oriented.
They would fit nicely with any light summer dress and sandals. My inspiration is a mix of the Anthropologie look, summer flowers, memories of my grandmother's designs and bohemian, gypsy flair.
(They can be found in my Etsy shop)














3 comments:

  1. I love the colors and textures of these pieces, very pretty. Now I'm going to have the "Purple Rain' song playing in my head all day, thanks Mirjana! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I'm following your from social moms. http://www.lukysherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete